2023年3月29日 星期三

English song

🎵English songs I'm interested in: Something Just Like This

  • Singer: The Chainsmokers & Coldplay(老菸槍雙人組 & 酷玩樂團)
  1. The ChainsmokersFounded in 2012, The Chainsmokers is an electronic music performance group from New York, USA, consisting of Alex Pall and Andrew Taggart.(Representative works: Closer, Don't Let Me Down, Paris )
  2. Coldplay: Founded in 1996, Coldplay is an alternative rock band from London, England, United Kingdom. The band includes Chris Martin (vocals, keyboards, guitar), Johnny Bunland (lead guitar), Guy Berryman (bass guitar) and Will Charne (drums, chorus, other instruments).(Representative works: Yellow, The Scientist, Fix you )
  • Lyricist/Composer: Andrew Taggart

📋Lyrics:
I've been reading books of old
The legends and the mythsAchilles and his goldHercules and his giftsSpider-Man's controlAnd Batman with his fistsAnd clearly, I don't see myself upon that list
But she said, "Where'd you wanna go?How much you wanna risk?I'm not looking for somebody with some superhuman giftsSome superheroSome fairy tale blissJust something I can turn toSomebody I can kiss"
I want something just like thisDoo-doo-doo, doo-doo-dooDoo-doo-doo, doo, doo-dooDoo-doo-doo, doo-doo-dooOh, I want something just like thisDoo-doo-doo, doo-doo-dooDoo-doo-doo, doo, doo-dooDa-da-da, da-da-daOh, I want something just like this
I want something just like this
I've been reading books of oldThe legends and the mythsThe testaments they toldThe moon and its eclipseAnd Superman unrolls a suit before he liftsBut I'm not the kind of person that it fits
She said, "Where'd you wanna go?How much you wanna risk?I'm not looking for somebody with some superhuman giftsSome superheroSome fairy tale blissJust something I can turn toSomebody I can miss"
I want something just like this
I want something just like this
Oh, I want something just like thisDoo-doo-doo, doo-doo-dooDoo-doo-doo, doo, doo-dooDoo-doo-doo, doo-doo-dooOh, I want something just like thisDoo-doo-doo, doo-doo-dooDoo-doo-doo, doo, doo-dooDoo-doo-doo, da-da-da
Where'd you wanna go?How much you wanna risk?I'm not looking for somebody with some superhuman giftsSome superheroSome fairy tale blissJust something I can turn toSomebody I can kiss
I want something just like this
Oh, I want something just like this
Oh, I want something just like this
Oh, I want something just like this

✅Three words I learned:
1. fist(v./n.):緊握、拳頭、支配
ex:He knocked him down with one blow of his fist.
2. testament(n.):遺囑、聖約、證據
ex:The event was prophesied in the Old Testament.
3. eclipse(v./n.):使失色、日蝕、消失
ex:It was reported that there would be an annular eclipse tomorrow.

💟Why do I like the song?

The background of this song is an American child who was diagnosed with leukemia at the age of 1 and a half. When people asked him what he wanted, he replied that he wanted to play Batman once. To help the child achieve his wish, Make A Wish raised funds for him to make a movie "Little Batman Strikes".The child on the cover of the film dressed as a superhero has the dream of upholding justice in the world, as if it is the epitome of everyone's childhood.  

 

The main reason I like this first one is because of the lyrics of the song, which tells the story of a girl's pure love for a boy, and what she needs is not a hero who will save the world, but an ordinary boy who can love her and protect her. I think the recurring "I want something just like this" in the lyrics means just being yourself, and you don't have to be someone that the world loves and admires because not everyone can be someone who can save the world like Batman and Spider-Man. 

 


1 則留言:

  1. True, also, people don't need a superhero or a fairytale romance, but rather someone who accepts them for who they are.

    回覆刪除

News English

   📌 Scientists know more about how we forget (30th March 2023)   🔗 article Some people are very forgetful, while others can remember ever...